Planning Your Trip To Hawksnest
Keeping warm while snowtubing at Hawksnest!
Dressing appropriately for tubing is a necessity for safety and comfort. Here are some tips for staying warm and getting the most out of your tubing adventure at Hawksnest Snow Tubing Park!
- Bundle up with multiple layers! Start with your lightest layer on bottom and build up to your heavy outer layer for the most control, as you can always remove them as the day warms up. (Just remember, our Snow Tubing Ticket must be attached and visible all day!)
- Add a waterproof layer while tubing. There is a high probability of being covered in snow while tubing, and wetness will make you highly susceptible to the cold. Hawksnest offers Bib Rentals for just $11!
- Always wear a hat – especially one that covers your ears. Most body heat is lost through your noggin!
- Make sure your gloves are warm, waterproof and properly sized – if they’re too loose you might get snow inside, but too tight and you might have a hard time holding the tube! Fingers, like other extremities, are very susceptible to frostbite and will be one of the first areas you’ll feel the cold creeping in.
- Make sure to protect your eyes with either sunglasses or goggles while tubing. Not only does the sunlight reflect off the snow, but the wind can irritate your eyes.
- Keep your feet and ankles warm with long, thick socks. Like with fingers, protecting your extremities is your first line of defense against the cold.
Tips for Traveling to Hawksnest
Hawksnest Snow Tubing Park is located in Watauga and Avery County and accessible by NC Highway 105. Please check road conditions before traveling to ensure safe travel by either calling the resort or visiting www.ncdot.org/traffictravel.
Plan Ahead & Book Online
As one of the premier winter activities in North Carolina and the surrounding region, tubing sessions at Hawksnest sell out fast. If you’re arranging a group trip, fill out this form, book your tickets and mark your calendars well in advance for a fantastic day of winter adventure! Keep In Mind, Tickets are available on line until midnight the day before the session. Day of tickets will be sold on a first come first serve basis.Book Now!